- Employer: Pepperstone
The Pepperstone story started in 2010. Our team describes us as a place for the creative and the driven. We’re a team who do things a little differently: we’re a global fintech that was born digital, nimble, connected, and united in our purpose to truly support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery. Our people are motivated to develop their careers in FinTech in a vibrant and fast-paced environment. We thrive on progress – for our traders and for ourselves. We possess a unique organisational culture, combined with a vibrant and fast-paced working environment for driven people who want to grow their career in finance and do so with one of the world’s fastest-growing FX brokers.
As a Quality Engineer at Pepperstone, you are a champion of Quality at Pepperstone. Reporting into our QA Lead, your role is to help redefine the way Quality is seen within the Engineering team and across the organisation. Not a small task! To be successful in this role, you’ll bring your holistic approach to QA, working with engineers and other stakeholders to influence quality throughout the software development lifecycle, without being limited to just testing.
We’re looking for an advocate of defect prevention and detection who is able to design, develop, maintain, and execute manual and automated test suites for software testing utilising different technologies for integration, regression, and end-to-end testing purposes. You will be a creative and proactive thinker and you will make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures.
You’ll enjoy this role if you’re able to maximise test coverage while not relying on exhaustive testing, enjoy working collaboratively, leveraging peer/exploratory testing, and the use of business and risk analysis techniques to improve testing activities.
Your days will include:
- Providing a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically with an ‘automation first’ mindset
- Reviewing product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare a robust quality approach
- Participating in the creation of a new automated testing framework
- Collaborating with the Business Analysts and Domain Experts to write test scenarios on new and existing features
- Proactively seeking out and making recommendations on efficiencies and improvements that can be applied to the QA process
- Writing and maintaining comprehensive test plans and test cases for product modules
- Management and administration of automated testing processes including management of test environments and tools
- Creating and executing automated test cases (and manual test cases where required)
What we’re looking for:
- Hands-on experience in heading test case design to provide optimal coverage
- Passion for Quality and an interest in contributing to and improving our processes and ways of working
- Experience in an array of test frameworks/tools (Cypress, JS Framework, Selenium, Serenity, Cucumber)
- Experience in API Testing (Cypress, SoapUI, Postman)
- Experience with Agile methods and processes and championing quality in an agile setting
- Great verbal and written communication skills & the ability to coach and mentor
It would be ideal (but not necessary) for you to have:
- Experience with Performance Testing using Jmeter or equal
- Experience with Mobile Testing
- Experience with Browserstack or equal for multi-platform testing
- Confidence that you can learn new things quickly
- An education of some kind (e.g. Computer Science)
- A sense of humor
Perks & Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Genuinely collaborative and friendly culture
- Flexible working arrangements – we value work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Ongoing Personal Development & Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Frequent team events and celebrations
Pepperstone is an online Forex and CFD Broker providing traders across the globe with cutting-edge technology to trade the world’s markets. Our award-winning combination of outstanding customer service coupled with incredibly low-cost pricing across all FX, CFDs, and Commodities has resulted in Pepperstone being one of the world’s fastest-growing FX brokers. Our focus is to support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery.
Check out what our team is saying on Glassdoor!
Please express your interest by applying through our Pepperstone Careers page as soon as possible! https://pepperstonecareers.com/
Pepperstone is an equal opportunity employer.