- Employer: Equiti Group
Equiti group wishes to hire a Junior NOC Analyst located in our new technical support office in Cyprus.
This is a new position and department for Equiti to enable the group to continue to scale and create a dedicated specialization for network operations & trading Infrastructure.
The NOC team’s primary objective is to ensure network operations and trading infrastructure support to the Equiti group systems globally 24×7, and to improve network operations globally and trading infrastructure for the Equiti group.
The NOC team is one of the Information Technology pillars thought the Equiti group and works alongside the corresponding IT pillar’s (Network Operations Centre, Security Operations Centre, Operational IT)
• Monitoring Cloud infrastructure AWS, Azure, Alibaba, Microsoft Office 365.
• Financial Services Data Centre support.
• Ensure that the global network of Equiti group is fully functional
• support any new innovative technologies for NOC usage
• Incident handling, escalation, reporting, tracking issues, troubleshoot problems.
• Following documentation on processes and procedures.
• Network support for internal security investigation
• Ensure monitoring solutions are up to date and adequate for support requirements
• Work with external providers such as PrimeXM, Beeks, One zero
• maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
• report network/systems operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
Skills and Competencies:
• Understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
• Understanding of SNMP/Syslog
• Understanding of DNS
• Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
• Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
• Basic understanding of any NMS application such as Zabbix, Solarwinds, PRTG, Azure monitoring, AWS monitoring or any other similar solution
• Process orientated with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communicator, able to effectively describe technical issues to non-technical audiences including other internal teams
• Understanding of Virtualization technologies
• Experience within a 24/7 NOC operation is a plus
• Basic Linux CLI and sysadmin skills is a plus