- Employer: Uniteam Recruitment
On behalf of our Client, a global leader in online, dynamic verification of identity and financial transactions via regulated e-payment instrument authentication, we are looking for a Client Onboarding Specialist to be based at their offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with the Company’s policies and procedures, including audit requirements, confidentiality, AML/CTF, information security and data privacy of the Company’s customers and end-users.
- Manages the initial on-boarding and ongoing operational merchant due diligence and card scheme compliance.
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts.
- Ensures merchants are on-boarded according to iSX Financial policies and procedures.
- Contacts merchants, requesting, gathering and checking completeness of all merchant due diligence data, information and/or documentation required per Company Procedures.
- Verifies data, documents and information including checks of merchant incorporation status via company house/company registrar, regulators, specialist databases and public access databases.
- Identifies and verifies persons of significant control, including beneficial owners.
- Identifies and verifies that merchants have appropriate licensing to operate in AML/CFT regulated sectors, including checking the status of the license, any geographical limitations set by regulators on operators, fines and/or sanctions imposed.
- Records merchant status for on-boarding and goes live as well as keeping accurate records at termination to ensure records are always up to date.
- Sets up accurate and precises’ filing systems whether soft / hard copy, according to iSX Financial policies and procedures.
- Carries out merchant on-boarding checks on websites (where appropriate) including ghost shopping and investigation of merchant compliance to card schemes and where relevant, regulators.
- Summarizes status and compiles the above into pre-agreed formats for review by the Chief Risk Officer, the AMLCO and the Chief Operating Officer
- Updates the above on an annual basis for each merchant
- University degree in Finance, Law or other related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in underwriting merchant
- Proficiency in English (both written and oral)
- Prior merchant services, client onboarding or underwriting experience
- Solid analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills, good communication skills and negotiation ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our client and business partners
- Competitive Salary
- Private health insurance plan participation
- Performance Bonus, including mix of cash and share-based scheme of company stock for outstanding performers
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.