- Qualification: Diploma
- Career Level: Middle Management
On behalf of our client, a technology provider within the FinTech space and located in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an in-house legal counsel.
This is a newly created role that will provide management, leadership, strategic direction and oversight for the Legal functions globally to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities, advising the Founders and other senior corporate officers on the ever evolving regulatory landscape pertaining to payments, and the related global industry law.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is successfully expanding into its growth years having been established as an innovative start up in the payment technology space in 2017. Today, the company’s success sees them offering over 350 PSP’s, eWallets, and APM integrations to a vast array of clients globally and covering a wide span of payment methods and banks. A truly excellent time to join this organisation and be part of its continued growth and success.
What we are seeking:
You will have gained previous experience as an in-house lawyer within an international Technology or FinTech organisation, preferably with exposure to global industry legislation and regulations pertaining to the payments sector. Multi jurisdiction experience would be highly advantageous as well as a strong legal background of at least 6 years’ PQE.
● Provide management, leadership, strategic direction and oversight for the Legal functions
● Work alongside both internal and external counsel to advise, draft, review and negotiate transactional agreements
● Keep informed of the evolving regulatory landscape around payments, including global industry law updates and advise accordingly
● Provide creative and scalable legal solutions to the executive team
● Advise on legal implications of different strategies relating to contractual relationships and product offerings
● Act as a dedicated resource to our business, driving new product approvals, with a focus on legal strategy and engagement
● Oversee the company’s policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance and mitigate risk
● Overseeing delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
● Advising the Founders and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues
● Supervising and developing staff members of the legal department
- At least 6 years’ PQE of proven experience
- In-House experience is preferable with a background in commercial transactions, ideally in the fintech industry
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- Excellent knowledge of corporate law and procedures
- Supervisory experience, managing and developing staff
- Strength in problem solving and applying legal insights to analyze issues and recommend viable options
Only candidates with previous experience working within a technology or FinTech company as an in-house counsel will be considered. Experience gained at this level in other European countries (other than Cyprus) is advantageous.
For more information or to apply for the in-house legal counsel job opportunity located in Cyprus, please forward your CV to Donna Stephenson, Founder Emerald Zebra Recruitment, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org