Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Employer: Deriv.com
Imagine you are an online trader, and you find a platform that offers everything you are looking for, all the bells and whistles. But wait! You’re not the trader here, you’re part of the team that creates the experience. You’re a key contributor to our products’ Wow Factor.
With your expertise, you design and develop reliable server-side apps and databases. By testing and debugging them, you make sure that issues are found and addressed in time. Our client base is growing rapidly, and so is the need to make our system and APIs more scalable. You will play an important role in making our platform scalable by transforming from monolithic to microservice-based architecture.
You’re working with a supportive team who are ready to hear your thoughts, brainstorm when you want fresh ideas, and work with you when you need to delegate. At the Back-end team, we believe that everyone should be heard and respected. We are also firm believers in open communication, in voicing and solving problems early, before they become major obstacles.
Armed with your experience, supported by your team, and motivated by exciting projects, you’re all set for a successful career at Deriv.
- Design, build, and maintain core components of applications for our customers, internal teams, and third-party developers.
- Help to take your code to production, troubleshoot any issues that arise, and own fixing any associated bugs.
- Build automated unit and integration tests and perform code reviews to improve the code quality.
- Participate in the deployment of new products and features by collaborating with other teams.
- Make codebases consistent and maintainable.
You’ll be part of the Back-end team. We are responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging the company’s server-side apps and databases. In collaboration with the QA team, we investigate and resolve technical issues. We empower the Front-end team by providing the components and features that they need. We aspire to delight our customers with a flawless digital experience.
- Expertise in any modern programming language
- Experience in Redis, Git, Docker, and familiarity with microservices and scalable systems
- Ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques
- Knowledge of information security and data protection
- Fluency in spoken and written English
What’s good to have
- Experience with asynchronous programming and scalable systems
- Experience with relational database design and/or open-source RDBMS systems such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Background in Linux and other open-source platforms
- Exciting work challenges
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Intensive and interesting onboarding programme for newcomers
- State-of-the-art tech stack
- A modern, comfortable office in the city centre
- Inspiring work environment and creative freedom