- Employer: Emerald Zebra
- Qualification: Bachelor
- Career Level: Intermediate ( 1 - 3 years )
We are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for our client, a leading company in the education sector. The company was established in 2017 by a team of experienced professionals in the international education industry. The business is for-profit with a social mission at its core. We are looking for people who enjoy being involved in different aspects of the business, varied workloads and can look beyond their job description. Our clients’ motto is to inspire and educate the next generation.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Calculate accruals, prepayments and post-month-end journals.
- Produce Partner School invoices and collaborate with each school to ensure the accuracy of the calculations
- Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are performed for key suppliers on a monthly basis.
Day to day
- General bookkeeping responsibilities on Sage accounting software
- Processing of purchase invoices and personal expense claims.
- File purchase invoices to suppliers’ folders and maintain an effective filing system
- Post bank transactions & reconcile multi-currency bank accounts daily.
- Assist with managing the Accounts Receivable process, ensuring all invoices, credit notes and payments/receipts are processed & allocated on a timely basis.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable Inbox ensuring all queries are resolved and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Responsible for reviewing the Aged Debtors/Creditors Report, ensuring that ageing is fully reconciled, payment terms are regularly checked, and erroneous balances are resolved.
- Set up account details for new suppliers and update the BACS profile
- Produce fortnight BACS runs for approval.
- Deal with payment rejections and re-issue payments
- Deal with suppliers’ and schools’ payment queries and final notices
- Send remittance advice to suppliers when necessary
- Cost control – implementing processes and controls so we can better manage costs and get early warning
- Prepare the annual accounts
- Ensure significant issues, risks and actions are clearly communicated
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Good working level of English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Package
- Basic knowledge of VAT and tax procedures is desirable
- Bookkeeping, or equivalent qualification or qualified by experience
- Desire to learn new skills
- Capable of thinking independently – an opportunity to grow and learn within the job
- Organised approach to work
- Operational understanding of computerised accounting systems and spreadsheets
- Previous high volume purchase ledger experience
- Experience of using Sage package is advantageous
Skills and Attributes
- Highly collaborative and able to work across teams to deliver results
- Numerate and IT literate with competence in Excel (essential)
- Highly organised and able to manage a varied and demanding workload
- A keen eye for detail and a methodical and diligent approach to ensure quality and accurate results to any given task
- Outstanding Administrative, organisational and communicative skills.
- Attention to detail essential
- Resilient with a flexible, ‘can-do’ approach to work
- Results focussed
- A team player and able to build rapport and engage with a diverse range of people
- Committed to equality and diversity
- Polite and approachable
- Able to work well with others and under pressure
- Able to work unsupervised
- A methodical and cheerful approach to work
- Eligibility to live and work in Cyprus
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure or equivalent
This job description is provided as a guide to the role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities. It may be subject to periodic revision to meet business requirements.
For more information or to apply for the above opportunity, please email Terri Neofitou, Senior Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org