- Employer: DataTorque
- Career Level: Experienced ( 3 years + )
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual who would love to have a career as a Technical Writer at a growing NZ own software company. You will develop documentation that meets the needs of our customers as we continue to develop a world-class product for our international customers.
What makes this opportunity varied and Interesting?
Working collaboratively with the Business Analysts, product design and development teams to see applications from a user’s point of view, the Technical Writer will tailor documentation so that it is appropriate for each user type. Documentation will include but is not limited to, technical specifications, the technical content of statements of work, functionality documents, installation manuals, online help, integration guides, migration guides and training resources.
- Gain an understanding of new features by working closely with product owners, developers and testers, reviewing product requirements, attending demos and participating in product planning increment events.
- Work on multiple documentation milestones simultaneously.
- Refactor existing documentation to make it accurate and easy to use.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of documentation tools and processes.
- Participate in all phases of documentation development from product concept through to release.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets our users up for success
- Work with the design team to create infographics that support and illustrate your documentation.
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project & training requirements
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organise, and write user manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
What you’ll bring?
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences in the right tone, whether formal or more casual, as needed
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Have excellent written communication skills but also the drive and self-motivation to get things done. You’ll be a strong communicator and be able to work with different stakeholders across the business
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- International cultural awareness
- Knowledge of other languages like Spanish
Your prior experience in technical writing in software development or IT environment has given you the ability to translate highly technical information in raw form into well-presented, easily understood documents across software development lifecycles, associated quality assurance processes and have competence with a technical documentation tool flow.
We would be keen to speak to you If you are someone who is at their best when writing user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets users up for success.
Who are we?
DataTorque is an established technology company based in Wellington, New Zealand. Our team cares about each other, our clients, and our shared goals – we know that success is only possible by working together. We already have a few people working in Cyprus and different team members travel to Cyprus every 6-8 weeks, but we are looking forward to having more awesome colleagues in Nicosia.
If you’re interested, please get in touch – we’d love to meet you.
We can only consider applicants with legal rights to work in Cyprus.
Interviews will take place in Nicosia.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org